Remembrance Day 2019
The Burk's Falls Remembrance Day Ceremony happens on November 11 starting with a service at the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 405 at 10 am, followed by a parade to the cenotaph by the post office for an 11 am service.
Be Active In Remembrance Day ~
- - Wear a poppy.
- - Lay a wreath at the cenotaph.
- - Plant poppies, tulips, a tree or an entire garden of remembrance.
- - Read about peace cranes, and then fold and display origami peace cranes.
- - Learn about Mark Isfeld and "Izzy" dolls, and make "Izzy" dolls to send to children in other countries.
- - Attend a Remembrance Day ceremony.
- - Pause for two minutes of silence at 11:00 a.m. on November 11.
- - Organize a candlelight tribute ceremony to remember those who died during military service to Canada.
- - Participate in the Legion's Annual Literary and Poster Contest that is open to all Canadian school children.
- - Visit your local cemetery and pay respect to a Veteran's grave.