Interested in being a part of the Burk’s Falls and District Historical Society? Apply to become a volunteer today!
If you are looking for opportunities to give back to your community, build new relationships, learn new skills and enjoy exploring the history of the region, then consider volunteering with the Historical Society.
Volunteering has been at the heart of the Historical Society since its establishment in 1994. Thanks to volunteers donating their time and energy, both museums provide the public with guided tours and various memorable activities.
The Burk’s Falls and District Historical Society will provide volunteers with:
• Volunteer opportunities that match your needs and interests
• A rewarding and fulfilling volunteer experience
• Training and support for the position you choose
• A safe and secure working environment
• Recognition and respect to ensure you feel appreciated
The Burk’s Falls and District Historical Society ask that volunteers:
• Serve as an ambassador for the Historical Society and both heritage centres
• Welcome and engage visitors when working at either of the heritage centres
• Respect all staff, volunteers and visitors
• Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Assist and provide input with the Historical Society’s initiatives
• Avoid conflict of interest and keep confidential any proprietary information
The Burk’s Falls and District Historical Society relies on volunteers to help fulfill their mission. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please complete the application form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or return it to:
Burk’s Falls and District Historical Society
P.O. Box 463
Burk’s Falls, ON
Candidates will be interviewed and all volunteers go through a screening procedure that includes an application form, an interview, reference checks and/or a police records check.
Volunteer Application Form (2041 KB)
For more information regarding volunteer opportunities please call 705.571.3308 or email email@example.com Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Burk’s Falls and District Historical Society.